Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday and gloomy

been awhile. the back's been paining me some, so i've taken time off to resolve it.
gotta appt. @ Cedars Sinai next week, hopefully their treatment will supersede the V.A.
but don't get me wrong -- don't misunderstand my intentions.
there are good people down in Long Beach, off 7th street.
the Veterans Administration.
but not the best.
they're just...available.
and i figure it's my life.
my days and nights awake for hours on end because of some tiny little defect in my spine;
the pills they happily shove down your throat only to shoot daggers @ you when you ask for more;
the MRI's;
the X-Rays...
i'm whining, again.
i quit that.
anywho, i may have to spend big cheese with the doc's up in Los Angeles.
massive debt.
or not.
i assume it's worth it.
i assume that's what you're supposed to do.
not just give up because it hurts.
or guzzle tiny white pills till you're screws-ville.
you gotta try.
@ least that's what they tell me.
Terminal Island Fish Harbor – Millard Sheets. 1935. Oil on canvas. Here the artist gives us a glimpse of the traditional West coast fishing industry as it existed at Terminal Island in San Pedro, California before the outbreak of WWI.