Monday, November 1, 2010

when you're strange

so now my eye is jacked up due to an old war wound via in the Corps.
surgery @ the Balboa Medical Clinic 2002...i think.
now, docs @ the VA Long Beach told me it should "completely resolve itself within 10 days."
we'll see.
it's paralyzed.
literally just sitting there looking stupid.
corky mandia.
it's given me plenty of time to write, which is a good thing.
i guess...
Operation In Their Boots premiere is NOV 9th.
hoping to go.
really hoping to go -- little beauty I'd like to bring.
but if i'm like this -- gotta cancel.
don't want to,
really don't want to.
but thus is life.
funny 'cause i live a pretty healthy life.
no tobacco...for the most part;
no drinking...for the most part, lol;
no hard drugs;
veggies;
fruits;
swim;
bike;
yoga;
vitamins;
back is a bit better.
goes to show you, if you're fucked...you're fucked.
and 2010 has been rather fucked period of my life.
especially me health-wise.
career-wise, muy bueno.
pissed off christoff is getting old.
i'm still alive.
i'll survive.
add another caveat to my writing sensibilities...how it feels to be paralyzed and look silly.
but hell, i've got it good.
ever seen some of these Iraq/Afghanistan Vets?
WIA -- know what that entails?
not fun.
not funny.
at. all.
me, just a minor glitch...knock on wood