Tuesday, March 31, 2009

stalled

my writing has hit a wall. 
it goes nowhere.
stalls.
falls flat on it's face.

my dialogue--stiff and wooden. 
reads like bad poetry belched by midwest hacks reciting prose in dive bars.  
it's just bad. 

not sure what happened. used to be my strong suit. something i could spit out with ease. hell, i've written for theatre; excelled, won awards, been produced. it's dialouge driven. yet nowadays i can barely eek out two sentences that pop. 
 
my stories--soggy and cliched. 
nearly everything i've churned out @ SC has left me empty. completely unimpressive and dangerously close to embarrassing

so i need something. anything. a break from my mediocrity.
perhaps a few rounds zinging over my head. 
a stint in israel. a hole in the head. 
or maybe i should just shut up.

but i think i'll walk the coast today. near sunken city.
it's nice...in a post apocalyptic way.
take some pictures, clear the mind, open the veins of creativity. 
sometimes it helps.